CHRISTOPHER SCHADE

Student arraigned on weekend assault charge

An Ohio University student was arraigned in Athens County Municipal Court for assault stemming from an incident Saturday night.

Christopher Schade, 20, was arraigned with assault after allegedly punching former student Daniel Tubbs in the face multiple times outside Pawpurr’s Bar, 37 N. Court St., according to court documents.

Schade was located on Mill Street and was arrested for assault. He was also charged with obstructing official business, according to the documents.

When he was arrested, Schade was found to be under the influence of alcohol and underage, adding an underage consumption charge.

Assault and underage consumption of alcohol are first-degree misdemeanors. They carry a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail and a maximum fine of $1000 each, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

Obstructing official business is a second-degree misdemeanor and carries a maximum jail sentence of 90 days and a maximum fine of $750, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

Schade could spend a maximum of 450 days in jail and pay a maximum fine of $2,750 if convicted of all charges.

Schade pleaded not guilty in court yesterday and posted his bond of $750. He is scheduled to reappear in court at 8 a.m. May 9.

rs181308@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity