Matthew Wallace

Board of Elections seeks more info on FACE finances

Student Senate’s Board of Elections has given the FACE ticket until June 3 to provide additional information regarding its campaign finance report.

The reports for each party were due by 5 p.m. Tuesday. RSVP reported that it raised a total of $4,496.97, including monetary and in-kind contributions as well as fundraising profits. The party spent $3,410.96.

FACE reported that its income totaled $3,488.90 and that it spent $776.53.

Board of Elections Chairman Chauncey Jackson said the board is waiting for FACE to provide more information but did not say what aspects of the report it is investigating.

However, the reports show that FACE and RSVP used different methods to calculate their total expenses. RSVP included its fundraising costs, while FACE did not. If FACE had included its $1,734 in T-shirt purchases, it would have spent a total of $2,510.53.

FACE also has inconsistencies in its fundraising report. The report states that the ticket bought $1,734 worth of T-shirts but only sold $850 worth, a difference of $884. However, the cover page shows an $884 profit from the T-shirt sale. If FACE actually lost $884 on its fundraiser, its total raised would be $1,720.90, far less than its expenses.

Write-in candidate Chris Wagner, who received about 25 percent of the votes in the presidential race, did not have to turn in a finance report to the board. His only campaign material was a paper flyer printed on campus, worth approximately three cents, Wagner said.

FACE presidential candidate Matthew Wallace and treasurer candidate Chrysten Crockett did not respond to repeated calls for comment.

jf250409@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCampus