OU Chief Information Officer named finalist for Florida position

Following the announcement that Ohio University will lose three deans, another employee is looking at a position elsewhere.

Brice Bible, OU’s chief information officer, has been listed as a finalist for the vice president for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer position at Florida International University.

Bible's current OU salary is $218,463.

Bible is one of six finalists for the position and will speak at a forum at the university May 13.

"... I am pleased to invite the university community to meet the top six candidates at the open forums scheduled during the next two weeks," said Irma Becerra-Fernandez, Florida International University's vice provost for Academic Affairs, in a statement. "These open forums provide an opportunity to meet the candidates, learn about their vision, and ask relevant questions."

OU's president's office did not know about Bible's being named until a little after 4 p.m. today, said Becky Watts, chief of staff for OU President Roderick McDavis.

The president was not aware Bible had been searching for another position, Watts said, adding McDavis did not have a comment about Bible's search.

Bible had also not informed the office of Pam Benoit, OU's executive vice president and provost, about his search.

"We didn't know that," said Ann Fidler, Benoit's chief of staff. "(Bible's search) is not something I believe (he and the provost) had talked about, but I don't sit in on all their meetings."

In December, OU’s Vice President for University Advancement Howard Lipman also left for a similar position at Florida International University.

Continue to check The Post for updates.

rm279109@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCampus