Ohio sports information director chooses a new Herd

The head of Ohio Athletic’s Media Relations department is stepping down to take a similar position for another school that wears green and white.

Jason Corriher, assistant athletic director for Media Relations, announced Wednesday he would take the same position at Marshall University. Marshall is a former member of the Mid-American Conference and is located only 80 miles from Athens.

His wife, Kim, will stay in Athens until the end of Ohio’s football season. She is a learning specialist who works with athletes.

“The opportunity at Marshall was just too good to pass up and I'm very excited to get started there,” Jason Corriher said in a statement. “However, it's certainly bittersweet because of the friends that Kim and I have made during our four years in Athens.”

Corriher joined the Media Relations staff in 2007 after working three years at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. He made $41,200 in 2010.

“I'm also grateful to my staff, Associate AD Dan Hauser and Athletics Directors Jim Schaus and Kirby Hocutt for making Ohio University truly a special experience and one that I'll never forget,” Corriher said.

Hauser will oversee the process of finding Corriher’s replacement. Assistant directors of Media Relations Drew Wiseman and Andy Alongi will remain with the Bobcats.