OU-founded discount service KegFly calls it quits despite success

After a year in business, two Ohio University graduates are moving on from the company they founded in Athens.

KegFly, which provided limited-time discounts at local businesses on several college campuses, will stop all business operations because of personal reasons, said Zac Sebo, a 2010 OU alumnus and one of KegFly’s founders.

Sebo founded the company last year with then-classmate Maxx Blank.

The news was posted on KegFly’s Facebook page Monday evening.

“At the end of last school year, my partner and I decided that we wanted to move forward with other opportunities,” Sebo said. “It doesn’t mean that KegFly is dead.”

Sebo said he and the other people involved in the company had moved out of Athens and were working on projects that were too time-consuming to continue along with KegFly.

“It was really just an internal decision,” he said. “Unfortunately, it meant that we had to stop working on KegFly right now.”

Although KegFly will not offer any deals to students this year, Sebo said it could potentially come back in the future.

“The time just doesn’t seem right any more,” he said, “… which sucks, because it was really awesome to bring it to OU.”

KegFly’s OU Facebook page has more than 4,000 “likes,” and its OU Twitter account has more than 1,300 followers.

“Last year was really awesome, and everyone seemed to really enjoy it,” Sebo said, adding that KegFly owed its success to OU students.

jf250409@ohiou.edu