Ohio men plead not guilty to kidnapping, robbery

Three men, including two Hocking College students, were arrested for alleged kidnapping and aggravated robbery this past Saturday.

Daniel J. Lewis, 22, Jason A. Flint, 21, and Rachon D. Lewis, 22, were each charged with one count of kidnapping and aggravated robbery. The charges stem from an incident in which the three allegedly kidnapped “someone under the age of 13 or mentally incompetent” and attempted to commit a theft, according to court documents.  

The incident involved Daniel Lewis and Flint allegedly restraining the victim while Rachon Lewis allegedly brandished a .25 caliber handgun and threatened to use it against the victim. Daniel Lewis also allegedly wielded a knife during the incident.

Daniel Lewis and Flint currently attend Hocking College, and Rachon Lewis is from Cincinnati.

All three pleaded not guilty to both charges at their arraignment hearings in the Athens County Municipal Court yesterday morning. Bond for each was set at $50,000, and they are all being held at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Kidnapping and aggravated robbery are both first-degree felonies. All three could be sentenced to a maximum of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $40,000 if convicted, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

The three men are due back in court Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. for a preliminary hearing.

ml147009@ohiou.edu

This article has been modified from its original form to say that Lewis, Lewis and Flint allegedly kidnapped someone, allegedly restrained the victim, allegedly brandished a knife and allegedly wielded a knife.