Slate of western games present problems for Ohio

The Bobcats travel to Mt.Pleasant, Mich. with hopes that the baskets will be more forgiving than the ones in The Convo.

Coming off a three-game homestand, the Bobcats (9-11, 2-4 MAC) will play three of their next four games on the road and five straight games against the West Division.

“We are getting ready to play one of the high scoring offenses in the MAC in the West with Central,” coach Semeka Randall said. “We are going to have to be able to bring the same defensive effort, and offensively, knock some shots down.”

Through six conference games, the Chippewas averaged 73.3 points per game, third highest in the conference. Of the Bobcats’ next five opponents, three rank in the top half of the conference in scoring.

“I think its going be somewhat of a track meet,” sophomore guard Shavon Robinson said. “It seems like the West (division) teams like getting up and down the court … they like having an up-tempo game.”

Randall said that upcoming road games would challenge her defense.

“They are going to run a motion type offense; they have players that are very good individual one-on-one players,” Randall said. “They are going to look to penetrate the heck out of the basketball.”

Randall added that Central is very good at disguising which players are going to take shots, and they are very good at rebounding the basketball. The Chippewas are fifth the conference in rebounding margin through six conference games.

Ohio has struggled against teams that rebound well. Bowling Green leads the conference in rebound margin, Miami is in second place and Toledo is in fourth, all of which were loses for the Bobcats.

With Porsha Harris back in the lineup, the team hopes that she draws a lot of attention, creating opportunities for the perimeter shooters and contribute on the glass.

“She creates so much attention when we give her the ball down low,” Robinson said. “She is that inside presence that the defense has to worry about.”

nr225008@ohiou.edu

UP NEXT

Ohio at Central Michigan 7 p.m.

A win gives Ohio University:

—The 455th win in program history

—Semeka Randall her 40th win as head coach

—234th MAC win in program history