West 82 cheap drink special comes to an end

This month, Ohio University students were able to buy a select variety of drinks on campus for next to nothing.

West 82 sold drinks at prices ranging from $0.25 to $1 until Monday.

Some OU students questioned if the sales were being offered because of looming expiration dates.

“I did think to myself that they must be trying to get rid of them for some reason,” said Kyle Newport, a sophomore studying journalism. “I never bought one during the period, but it’s always good to see such low prices anywhere.”

The savings were offered because one of West 82’s vendor partners, G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers, Inc., wanted to move part of its inventory quickly, prompting them to sell the drinks at a low cost.

“We continually seek ways in which we can continue to pass on the savings to our customers through our vendor partnerships,” said Kent Scott, associate director of retail operations for Culinary Services. “In this case, our vendor was looking at moving some of its inventory fast, and we wanted to pass these savings on to our customers.”

During the period that the promotion took place, 172 cases were sold at West 82 and at on-campus markets by Feb. 20.

“I noticed the sale, and I wondered why they were that cheap,” said Erin Poling, a junior studying education. “Hopefully there are more sales like that in the future.”

tt182810@ohiou.edu

Who: West 82

Time lasted: 20 days

Cases sold: 172

Vendor: G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers, Inc.

Price: $.25 to $1