Golf: Bobcat look to end spring season on good note

The Ohio men’s golf team will travel to Muncie, Indiana this weekend to participate in the last tournament before the Mid- American Conference Championship.

The Bobcats will play in the Earl Yestingsmeier Invitational Saturday and Sunday at Delaware Country Club hosted by Ball State University. The tournament is named after former Ball State golf coach Earl Yestingsmeier. He spent 31 years as the team’s golf coach. The Bobcats are coming off a 12th place finish at the OSU Kepler Invitational.

Ohio senior Paul Grauer said he thinks the team can earn a good finish in the tournament. He said the weather looks to be in better shape than previous weekends.

“We’re coming off kind of a rough week at Ohio State, I think this course is a little bit easier, most of us have played it before so I think we have a good shot,” Grauer said.

Grauer finished tied for second in the event, which earned him MAC golfer of the week.

Ohio will be competing against 14 other schools on a course that is 6438 yards long and a par of 70. Ball State is the only MAC team the Bobcats will face this weekend.

Ohio will play 54 holes on Saturday and 18 rounding out the tournament on Sunday.

Grauer said there aren’t many tricks to this course, and a good finish would give Ohio a boost going into the MAC Championship.

“We definitely want to go into conference with some confidence and a good finish here will help us,” Grauer said. The Bobcats placed •13th in this invitational last season. He said as long as Ohio tackles the course in moderation they should have good rounds.

“We just have to take it one hole at a time, don’t think about it as a general round just one shot at a time and if we do that we’ll shoot some good scores,” Grauer said.

UP NEXT:

Ohio finished 13th in this event last year

This is Ohio’s last tournament before the MAC Championship

Senior Paul Grauer was named MAC golfer for the second time this week

mk277809@ohiou.edu