Local man arraigned for sexual contact with minor

A Stewart, Ohio, man is being held on $25,000 bond after allegedly having sexual contact with a minor in March.

Gregory Gilkey, 52, was arraigned in Athens County Municipal Court Wednesday morning on two counts of gross sexual imposition for allegedly having sexual contact with a 3-year-old girl twice between March 1 and March 25, according to court documents.

On March 27, Athens County Children’s Services received a report about the 3-year-old being sexually abused. The Athens County Sheriff’s Office arrested Gilkey on April 10, according to Sheriff Pat Kelly’s Facebook page.

Gilkey confessed to Detective Steve Sedwick, of the sheriff’s office, to having sexual contact with the girl twice in March, according to the Facebook post.

Both incidents occurred at a residence on state Route 144 in Stewart, Ohio, according to court documents.

Gilkey is being held on $25,000 bond at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Gross sexual imposition is a third-degree felony. Gilkey could spend a maximum of 10 years in prison and a maximum fine of $20,000 if convicted of both charges, according to Ohio Revised Code.

Gilkey is due back in court at 2 p.m. April 19 for a preliminary hearing.

ml147009@ohiou.edu

Editor's Note: The headline for this story has been changed from "Local man arrested for sex contact with minor" to reflect Gilkey's arraignment in Athens County Municipal Court.