Pi Kappas face possible eviction for drug activity

The landlord for the Pi Kappa Alpha house is asking the court to grant a partial summary judgment to avoid one count of his lawsuit from going to trial May 1.

Demetrios Prokos, landlord of the Pikes’ 12 N. College St. house, is asking the court to grant a partial summary judgment for the count of two residents, Michael Vlasz and Kyle Willet, for “failure to pay rent,” according to court documents.

The lawsuits list all 12 occupants of the Pike house as defendants and Prokos is trying to have all of them evicted for illegal drug activity.

The Athens Police Department seized 16 pipes, one water pipe, one grinder, two bags of marijuana and one book after a search warrant was executed in early March, according to a warrant inventory report.

Prokos said in court documents that Vlasz and Willet committed multiple violations of their lease, one being failure to pay their rent by the assigned day. Prokos is asking the court to grant the summary judgment and order an immediate eviction of Vlasz and Willet from the house.

After the rent was not paid by March 15, an eviction notice was given the next day. Prokos said the residents’ failure to vacate the premise within three days was a violation of their lease and he has the legal right to evict them, according to court documents.

The court has yet to issue a response to the motion.

Prokos is still seeking to evict the Pikes for illegal activity because he has received numerous complaints from contractors, maintenance personal, the house proctor and law enforcement that there is ongoing illegal drug and alcohol activities, according to court documents.

There is a final preliminary hearing scheduled for April 20 at 9 a.m.

ml147009@ohiou.edu