Editor's note: Welcome back!

Hi everybody.

Welcome back to Athens.

If you’re curious about what you missed over the summer and you’re still reading this column, then you’ve got a good thing going on. There’s a table of contents right here that will take you where you need to go for recaps of summer news from both on campus and around town.

Snag a cup of coffee and have at it, if you’re into that sort of thing.

For those upperclassmen who didn’t catch our Freshman Orientation Guide, here’s an excerpt from that paper explaining how to download our new app and access our social media accounts:

“You can download (our app) by Googling ‘The Post at Ohio University iTunes app’ … also we have a Twitter (@ThePost) and a Facebook (facebook.com/ThePostAthens) … and here is the URL to our website: www.thepost.ohiou.edu.”

So there’s that. Sorry for copying and pasting, but we’re jones-ing for Facebook “likes,” if you’re into that sort of thing.

This is the part where I encourage you to be avid readers of The Post and consumers of Athens news in general, but obviously, my opinion is biased. At the end of the day, you’ve got to decide for yourselves. Here’s a list of things that The Post, in theory, could do for you as a reader and for the world in general, someday, maybe:

• Reading The Post might help turn all of the Tom Delonges in your life into Mark Hoppuses.

• It could lead you to meet a real-life version of Pauly Shore’s character from A Goofy Movie that wants to be your friend and constantly say stuff lProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 e, "cheddar-wizzy,” and “Stacey! Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me baby!”

• Maybe, at some point, it could make you feel like Kate Hudson from Almost Famous when she says “It’s all happening!”

• It could set some kind of universal karma reversal that sends the Browns to the Super Bowl this year — if you’re into that sort of thing. If not, read our paper and laugh at their misery.

• It could bring LeBron back. Do we want him back? I’m not sure. Read our paper.

• In the same breath it might change the cosmic forces of nature that would make LeBron make up his mind about what’s going on with his facial hair — I think that’s some common ground we can all stand on. “Goatee-ish” isn’t really a thing.

You guys get the idea.

Read The Post like there’s some Pizza Hut in it for you, even though I’m sure all of you are many years removed from the last time you participated in a “Book it!” campaign.

In all seriousness, though, I don’t think you’d regret giving us a “follow” or a “like” if you haven’t already.

This year, we’re going to put all of our time and effort, and then some, into providing you with coverage of Athens and Ohio University on multiple platforms. We’ve dedicated ourselves to putting out high-quality work that’s both immediate and in depth, and we’ll strive to make the product we present each day both thought-provoking and pleasing to the eye.

And, of course, your feedback this semester is welcome and necessary; feel free to comment, reply, share, laugh, cry, hurl and enjoy.

It’s time to get ready for a great year. Coop, we’ll be watching come winter. For now, though, we’ve got a date with some Nittany Lions and unfinished business to take care of on the volleyball court.

Again, welcome back. Go Bobcats!