New-look fall fest season features bashes old, new

Back-to-school purchases will extend to red Solo cups and concert tickets for party-goers this fall as the fest season extends in response to the quarters-to-semester switch.

The much-discussed calendar change led to not only a frenzy of academic questions but a challenge as to what would happen to the infamous spring quarter fest season. Some well-established events, like 10Fest, moved their dates to the fall in order to accommodate the switch.

Whether or not the change will be positive for Number Fests is hard to say, Number Fest founder Dominic Petrozzi said.

“It’s too early to say at this point,” Petrozzi said. “There were no more opportunities in the spring, and we tried to provide theProxy-Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

est weather possible for the students.”

Fall fest season will also feature events that were not present during the 2012 Spring Quarter. Along with the traditional Halloween festivities and homecoming week, Ark Fest, Elliot Fest, Oaktober Fest and Congo Fest are all on the agenda for the first two months of fall semester.

Although the tradition of having a short, packed fest season has passed, Petrozzi, an OU alumnus, said he is confident the new arrangements will not put a damper on the OU fest spirit.

“It’s a new experience for the students and the coordinators,” said Petrozzi.

“(But) the festival creates the environment, and students still love music, love to be outside and, for those who are of age, love to partake in adult beverages.

“I don’t think the date switch will affect that.”

eb104010@ohiou.edu