Students stand outside Washington Hall after ambulances and police officers respond to the death of a student. (Luke Szabados | For The Post)

Student found dead in East Green dorm

An Ohio University student was found dead in his third-floor Washington Hall dorm room Sunday evening.

The student, Terrence Ambro, was a freshman studying history, Interim Dean of Students Jenny Hall-Jones said in a news release.

Students from the East Green residence hall gathered outside Sunday, some crying and others standing arm in arm.

“This is hard on a community when you’re coming together like this and making friends, and when you lose somebody, it’s really tough,” Hall-Jones said.

There is no danger to other students, said Peter Trentacoste, executive director of Residential Housing.

The Ohio University Police Department and Athens County Coroners office responded, Hall-Jones said.

The cause of death will not be released until after an investigation is complete, she added.

Staff members from Counseling and Psychological Services were at the dorm Sunday evening to provide support to students, according to the news release.

Students can contact Counseling and Psychological Services at any time by calling (740) 593-1616. They can also speak with a counselor during walk-in hours from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday at Campus Care.

dd195710@ohiou.edu