Brothers blend music for 'general hillbillery'

Casa Nueva will get a dose of brotherly love when the Lewis Brothers take the stage with their genre-bending musical style.

The band — made up of brothers Russell, Richard and Jeff Lewis, along with percussionist Dennis “Dennisthemenace” Foreman — has played in Athens before at both Casa and Jackie O’s Pub & Brewery, 24 W. Union St.

Foreman said he is excited to return to Athens.

“I’m looking forward to being in a town that appreciates good music, food, drinks and the best people,” he said.

The group does not categorize themselves under one musical style; instead, they blending many types of music to create “general hillbillery,” according to the group’s website. The members take turns writing songs.

“It’s very hard to define our music,” Foreman said.  “Everyone that has reviewed our music has a tough time putting us into just one genre. Expect to hear rock, folk, country, bluegrass, and everything in between.”

The group’s website said people are invited to “bring their dancing shoes for a foot-stomping night that guarantees to burn more calories than P90X” to the 10 p.m. Friday show.

“We look to bring the audience into the show,” Foreman said. “We promise to play a show they will never forget.”

Jen Miller, who has played with the Lewis Brothers before, will open for the group.

eb104010@ohiou.edu