Halloween, budget proposals, fill Student Senate's Wednesday agenda

After a shortened meeting last week following the president’s visit, Student Senate will have a full agenda Wednesday night.

Multiple presentations concerning Halloween, budget resolutions and planning of future senate activities will keep senators busy this week.

Resolutions dealing with budget proposals for senate functions were postponed at last week’s meeting and will be discussed.

Along with these resolutions, there will be presentations from the Center for Student Legal Services, Tracy Kelly, former Graduate Student Senate president, and Pat McGee, Graduate Student Senate’s legal representative, all concerning Halloween and services offered to students during the weekend, said senate President Zach George.

There will also be a call to replace the senator who was impeached during an executive session at last week’s meeting, said Student Senate Vice President Amrit Saini. 

If no one applies for the position, Saini said he will personally seek out a replacement for the position. 

Michael Curry, former Greek Life senator for the Multicultural Greek Council, was impeached at last week’s meeting due to “attendance problems,” according to a previous Post article. 

Senate will also discuss a new letter writing campaign aimed at garnering the attention of Ohio Gov. John Kasich concerning college affordability and the need for state share in college instruction, George said. 

He added that each senator will be expected to write a letter to the governor by a deadline that has yet to be determined and any college student, not just senators, can participate in the letter writing campaign.

dd195710@ohio.edu