Samantha Reidy is carried away on a stretcher after being allegedly hit by a CATS bus. The accident occurred Sept. 13, 2011, outside of Baker University Center while Reidy was touring the campus during a college visit. Reidy is suing OU for $25,000 in damages. (Dustin Lennert | Picture Editor)

Woman allegedly hit by bus on OU campus sues university for $25,000

A University of Cincinnati student is suing Ohio University for $25,000 after she was allegedly hit by a CATS bus while on a tour last year.

Samantha Ann Reidy, a student at UC-Clermont, was allegedly hit by a CATS bus on Sept. 13, 2011, outside of Baker University Center while she was touring the campus as a prospective student with her grandparents.

She filed a complaint in the Ohio Court of Claims on Friday.

Reidy claims, according to court documents, that the bus was owned by OU and was driven by Emily Keeley, who was acting as an OU employee. Keeley is an OU student.

Reidy claims that she suffered multiple injuries, pain, suffering and a loss of wages because of her injuries. She also claims that she has incurred medical, hospital and related expenses because of the permanent nature of her injuries.

Witnesses said Reidy was distracted while crossing the street and Keeley failed to see her crossing, according to a previous Post article.

The bus struck Reidy’s ankle, leaving her unable to stand, according the article. She was taken to the emergency room at O’Bleness Memorial Hospital.

Reidy was asking the court to have OU pay her $25,000 in damages for her injuries caused by OU and Keely’s negligence, according to court documents.

OU has yet to issue a response to the complaint.

ml147009@ohiou.edu