Gentile campaigns on Election Day

With less than three hours until polls close, the incumbent state Sen. Lou Gentile is visiting several Ohio counties to urge people to vote.

After beginning his visits in Albany this morning, Gentile plans on ending his trips in his hometown of Wintersville, Ohio, where he and his team are holding an election party, Gentile said.

“Our efforts the past few days have been specifically to get out the vote,” he said. “People have seemed to be pretty receptive and aware that today is Election Day and I think that should bode well for the Democrats.”

In addition to getting people to vote, Gentile, D-30, said he wants to sway undecided voters before they hit the polls this evening.

“We’ve taken some time to talk with undecided voters too,” Gentile said. “I met a woman yesterday, for example, who was still undecided, and so I talked with her about my campaign. I think there will be some people still making up their minds when they go into the ballot boxes.”

With the polls soon closing, Gentile is looking positive about the final stretch of his campaign, said Ryan Monell, a spokesman for Genitle's campaign.

“We’ve been to multiple counties today and it’s pretty clear that a lot of people are turning out,” Monell said. “The polling locations we’ve been to seem to have a steady stream of people coming in and out to vote and I think that’s a good sign for Democrats and our campaign.”

az346610@ohiou.edu