Bowl tickets prize of sponsor's contest

An Ohio University student and three of his or her friends have a chance to get free tickets, airfare, hotel rooms and some spending money for the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl.

AdvoCare, the bowl game’s primary sponsor, is offering a trip to the game for fans who create the winning video explaining why their university’s mascot is a champion.

“We are having the contest to provide students with an opportunity to attend the game and support their school,” said Allison Levy, general counsel for AdvoCare International LP. “AdvoCare’s tagline is ‘We Build Champions,’ and we want to know what makes your school and mascot a champion.”

The winner will get four tickets to the bowl game, two hotel rooms for Dec. 27-29 and $250 credit per room that can be spent at the hotel. Winners will also be invited to the AdvoCare Jazz Brunch on game day.

“The contest is open to all students and fans of OU and ULM and all participants must be 18 years of age or older,” Levy said.

According to the contest rules, the video must be “family friendly” and be no longer than two minutes. Submissions must be emailed by Dec. 16.

Richard Wright, president and CEO for AdvoCare, said in a news release that the company is always looking for unique ways to get students and fans involved.

“We at AdvoCare are looking forward to an exciting game on Dec. 28 and know that fans from both schools will provide fun and creative videos,” he said.

The winner of the contest will be notified by Dec. 19 and his or her winning video will be posted on AdvoCare’s Facebook page and website.

For more info visit AdvoCare.com/company/sponsorship/IBowl.

bc822010@ohiou.edu