OU employee arrested after threatening to bring shotgun to work

An Ohio University employee was arrested Friday after threatening to bring a shotgun to work.

Stacy Gorham, a 53-year-old utility worker at OU, believed he would be fired after losing keys, and said that he would bring a gun to work if the university attempted to fire him, according to a university news release.

Ohio University Police Department officers obtained a search warrant for Gorham's property and found eight firearms, including two shotguns, two long rifles, an SKS, an AK-47 and two handguns, as well as ammunition for each firearm, according to the news release.

Ohio University Police Department officers arrested Gorham Friday. He was charged with inducing panic and possession of criminal tools and was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail in Nelsonville. He posted bond Saturday and was released, and was scheduled to appear in Athens Municipal Court Monday morning.

OU officials placed Gorham on administrative leave and ordered him not to return to campus, according to the news release.

OU President Roderick McDavis sent a campuswide email Monday regarding the arrest, reminding students and employees that firearms aren't permitted on campus and that they should report suspicious comments or behavior on campus.

"If you are concerned that an individual may do violence to himself or others, contact OUPD immediately," McDavis said in the email.

He added that anyone who notices coworkers or friends having professional or personal problems should contact OU Human Resources or the Dean of Students Office.

Continue to follow The Post for updates.

rm279109@ohiou.edu