(via baileemoore.com)

Bailee Moore, Timeflies to collaborate at MemAud

As Spring Semester flies by, another act has been added to the Performing Arts Series, electronic hip-hop duo Timeflies and Ohio University’s female rapper Bailee Moore.

Moore has been a frequently requested artist for the series, and since she played with Timeflies last year at 9Fest, it was an easy pairing, said Andrew Holzaepfel, associate director of the Campus Involvement Center, in an email.  

“We want to appeal to as many audiences as possible,” Holzaepfel said. “This spring, we have country stars, singer-songwriters, pop/top 40 to add to this newest announcement.”

Colbie Caillat, Phillip Phillips and Rodney Atkins have already been announced for the series; some of the acts have taken the place of the Spring Convo Concert, although a comedy act is now scheduled to take place this spring in The Convo.

Holzaepfel added that there will also be another announcement next week regarding the Performing Arts Series that will reflect a greater diversity among the acts.

Timeflies grew to fame by releasing a series of YouTube freestyle rap sessions each week as well as covering popular pop songs such as Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”

The group headlined 9Fest last year to a large crowd, and Holzaepfel predicted they will be well received by students. 

Moore’s viral video, “White Girl Raps Fast,” recently surpassed 1 million views on YouTube. Last week, she also claimed the No. 1 spot on a poll for the best female rapper hosted by ryanseacrest.com.

Matt Crumpton, Moore’s manager, said the rapper is excited for the concert and for another opportunity to work side by side with Timeflies.

The concert will be held April 10 in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. OU student tickets go on sale Thursday, $20 for the first 10 rows and $15 for the remainder. Tickets can be purchased at the MemAud ticket office. 

wh092010@ohiou.edu