via Prime Social Group

Fest ticket sales aim to break records

With Fest Season kicking off this weekend, fest-goers are already gearing up for 11Fest, with 5,000 tickets already sold for the event.

Dominic Petrozzi, the founder of Number Fest, said he hopes the ticket sales will continue to go strong. The goal, he said, is to break 15,000 to 17,000 tickets.

He said the previous record for tickets sold was more than 14,000 for 8Fest.

The 11th edition of Number Fest will feature two big-name headliners, with rapper Kendrick Lamar — who had a successful 2012 with the release of his album m.A.A.d. City — and electronic dance music artist Steve Aoki, whose album Wonderland was nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2013 Grammys.

David Carlson, the director of operations for Prime Social Group, which promotes Number Fest, said the lineup is an example of how the festival continues to grow.

“The whole festival is a step up this year, and everything runs smoother and safer,” Carlson said. “The show becomes better, more fun (and) has crazy production. There will be some great performances happening this year.”

Bad Rabbits, Watch The Duck, Fly.Union, Huey Mack, Five & A Dime, Forest and the Evergreens, Brooklyn Earick, Santino Corleon and Ohio University student, Logan “DJ LoCo” Cassidy round out the lineup.

Petrozzi said along with the growing prominence of the music festival’s lineup is a focus on giving back to the Athens area. This year, 11Fest is a partnering with the Ohio University Center for Sports Administration to sponsor Race for A Reason.

He also said there will be a recycling program with an Athens group.

“(We want) to stress the point to have people be conscious about cleaning the area where the festival is,” Petrozzi said.

ds834910@ohiou.edu