Ohio senior Symone Lyles drives to the baseline towards the basket past a Western Michigan defender Feb. 16, at The Convo. (Logan Riely | For The Post)

Women's Basketball: Osborn, Miami dominate to end Ohio's season

Miami senior point guard Courtney Osborn made it her personal responsibility to put an end to Ohio’s season on Saturday.

The first team all Mid-American Conference point guard knocked down seven 3-pointers on her way to a debilitating 39-point performance en route to an 83-61 victory as the RedHawks advanced into the second round of the MAC Tournament.

Ohio (6-23, 1-15 MAC) started the game well; junior guard Shavon Robinson and senior forward Tina Fisher combined for Ohio’s first nine points as the Bobcats built a 9-6 lead with 15:24 left in the first half.

Miami (19-11, 10-6 MAC) responded, as junior guard Haley Robertson knocked down a three to spark a RedHawks scoring spree. They took a 20-12 lead and all the momentum in the building until Ohio sophomore guard Mariah Byard hit a three to cut the lead to five with 10:28 on the clock in the first half.

Osborn answered Byard’s triple on the next possession as a part of a deflating 10-0 run from the 10:28 mark to the 8:22 mark in the first half as Ohio fell behind 30-15 in that stretch.

Osborn tacked on eight more points to give Miami a 38-17 lead with 5:10 left in the half. The senior had already poured in 21 points in more than 14 minutes of play.

Ohio freshman guard Kiyanna Black knocked down a pair of threes to end a shooting slump and make the score 42-25 with 2:19 on the clock. Miami took a 46-27 lead into halftime.

Ohio came out aggressively in the second half, with senior guard Symone Lyles scoring four early points.

Black knocked down another triple for the Bobcats with 14:23 remaining on the clock to get in double figures for the first time since Feb. 3 against Kent State. Ohio cut the RedHawks’ lead to 13.

Osborn knocked down her fifth 3-pointer of the game to give Miami a 63-44 lead with 11:10 left in the game.

Ohio pulled within 12 with 4:51 remaining, but Osborn buried the Bobcats with another three. She shot 7-9 from long range and 8-8 from the free-throw line.

jm296009@ohiou.edu