Keith Wilbur, a sophomore studying political science and economics, was announced as the next student trustee at the Leadership Awards Gala Wednesday night.

New Student Trustee announced at Leadership Awards Gala

The next Ohio University student trustee is a former tour guide and peer mentor who says bringing student interests to the attention of the Board of Trustees will be his top priority.

Keith Wilbur, a sophomore studying political science and economics, was announced at the 30th Annual Leadership Awards Gala in Baker University Center Wednesday night as the next student trustee.

“I think that Keith really represented the student’s perspective very well,” said Ryan Lombardi, vice president for Student Affairs. “He has a really easy going and affable demeanor about him too. I think they will resonate pretty well with students.”  

Wilbur is currently the Governmental Affairs vice-commissioner in Student Senate, formerly serving as East Green Senator as a freshman.

“I’m involved in a lot here. A lot of student organizations. I think I have a decent student perspective of campus,” Wilbur said in a previous Post article. “(I applied) out of my love for OU.”

The other finalists, Katherine Clausen, a freshman from Celina, Ohio studying communications studies in the Honors Tutorial College, and Kendall Triplett, a sophomore from New Philadelphia, Ohio, studying political science, were in attendance at the Gala.

Reaching out to students and other members of the university community is what Wilbur said he would focus on previous to the Gala.

“I want to make sure the university looks good outside but I also want to make sure we’re taking care of our students … everybody has to be involved in the equation,” he said.  

dd195710@ohiou.edu