Timeflies, Bailee Moore show to add variety to Performing Arts Series

In the midst of an atypically warm Spring Semester week, Ohio University’s most famous female rapper and a popular hip-hop act look to bring spitfire rhymes and blazing beats to the next edition of the Performing Arts Series.

Bailee Moore and Timeflies will take the Templeton Blackburn Alumni-Memorial Auditorium stage Wednesday night.

Wednesday’s show is part of Timeflies’ current tour, which includes appearances in Vermont, Michigan, Rhode Island and Ontario, Canada. The band will also be releasing its second album of original music this spring or summer, according to the band’s website.

Moore’s viral YouTube video, “White Girl Raps Fast,” has led to campuswide and national popularity in the form of coverage from news outlets such as USA Today and Fox News, as well as credit as “The Queen of Rap” based on a poll on ryanseacrest.com.

According to her website, Moore will spend her senior year at OU writing material for the follow up to her 2012 debut EP Game Changer while touring.

More students frequently requested a repeat performance after the two artists performed together at 9Fest, according to a previous Post article. Matt Crumpton, Moore’s manager, said the rapper is excited for another opportunity to work with Timeflies after teaming up at last year’s Number Fest.

The pairing adds greater depth to the series, which featured the country stylings of Rodney Atkins and the island-pop of Colbie Caillat in March.

“We want to appeal to as many audiences as possible,” said Andrew Holzaepfel, associate director of the Campus Involvement Center in a previous Post article.

“This spring, we have country stars, singer-songwriters and pop/top 40 to add to this newest announcement.”

jd202409@ohiou.edu

If You Go:

What: Timeflies and Bailee Moore

When: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday

Where: The Templeton Blackburn Alumni-Memorial Auditorium

Admission: $20 for first 10 rows and $15 for remaining seats

Comments