Cummings

Whitney Cummings drops out of comedy night

Update 5:26 p.m.:

Possibly hoping to not lose any fans at one of the top party schools in the country, Whitney Cummings has tweeted an apology to Ohio University. 

"Ohio University, I'm so sorry I had to drop out of the show tonight," Cummings said on her Twitter account. "I got very sick and you don't deserve to catch my diseases. So bummed."

The show will go on with Jim Gaffigan, Kenan Thompson and no replacement for Cummings. 

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. 

————————————————————————————————————

Update 4:31 p.m.: 

Whitney Cummings will not be paid the $42,000 she was set to receive for performing at the Convo tonight, according to Andrew Holzaepfel, associate director of the Campus Invovlement Center. 

After losing the show's opening act, the CIC decided to stick with Jim Gaffigan and Kenan Thompson instead of trying to bring in a last-second opener, Holzaepfel said. 

"I don’t anticipate people not being in a fuss about her not showing up and demanding their $5 back," said Zach George, president of OU Student Senate. 

———————————————————————————————————————

Whitney Cummings, a well known stand-up comedian with a sitcom on NBC, will not be appearing at Ohio University tonight. 

Cummings dropped out of tonight's show in the last hour "due to illness," said Andrew Holzaepfel, associate director of the Campus Invovlement Center. 

Holzaepfel said the show is still on-time for tonight, set to start at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. 

"$5 for Gaffigan and Kenan — absolutely," Holzaepfel said about losing his opening act. 

Holzaepfel said the line-up may be adjusted to add a last second replacement but did not elaborate on whether or not that will occur.

Cummings was set to be paid $42,000 for her appearance. 

Follow The Post for updates. 

To read our preview of the event, click here

dd195710@ohiou.edu