via White Mystery

Brother-sister duo no "mystery" to Athens crowd

A veteran of the Union’s stage will return Friday to close out the school year with some “true rock ‘n’ roll” music.

White Mystery has played the venue a number of times in the past, including a similarly-timed show last year along with the Union’s annual event, Blackoutfest. This time around, the band is bringing a new set of songs from their new album, Telepathic, which dropped on April 20.

Alex “Miss Alex White” White said the band is excited to return to the Union.

“We have a lot of friends (in the city),” said White, guitarist and a vocalist for the duo. “In Athens the bands are fantastic, and the local music scene is great.”

The small room and low stage at the location also contribute to the bands’ stage show, White said, who terms White Mystery’s musical style as “high-energy rock ‘n’ roll.”

“We’ve been known to crowd-surf,” said White.

The brother-sister team played over 200 shows last year and are about to head out on their second European tour.

Joining the pair will be local bands Unmonumental and The D-Rays, both slated to take the stage at the 2013 Nelsonville Music Festival.

“The D-Rays have played with them before, and have a like-minded local draw,” said Scott Winland, owner of Blackout Booking. “Unmonumental are a new band that made their debut at this year’s Blackoutfest. I think fans of both of the other bands will agree it is a good fit.”

IYG:

What: White Mystery

When: 9:00 Friday

Where: The Union Bar & Grill, 18 W. Union St.

Admission: Cover

eb104010@ohiou.edu