Nelsonville Music Festival schedule announced

While the headliners have been announced for some time now, the real gems of Nelsonville Music Festival tend to be the smaller sets on the Porch Stage and No-Fi Cabin.

The full schedule for the festival was announced Tuesday morning with Gogol Bordello headlining Thursday night, Cat Power and The Coup rounding off Friday night, Wilco closing Saturday and John Prine closing the festival on Sunday.

“The headliners have been announced a while ago and hopefully those weren't too much of a shock,” said Brian Koscho, marketing director for the festival. “It’s the porch stage and the No-Fi Cabin that I always find myself wondering around the most.”

He added that he’s most looking forward to Friday’s lineup on the porch stage, which includes William Tyler, Wooden Indian Burial Ground, Screaming Females and Reigning Sound.

Some of the highlights of the No-Fi Cabin include intimate sets from Athens artists such as Chris Biester, Leah Nairn and Adam Remnant of Southeast Engine. Mainstage performers such as David Wax Museum, Lucius and The Honeycutters will also play smaller sets in the intimate venue.

One of the festival's most anticipated acts, Brown Bird, might not make it to the stage because of lead singer David Lamb’s recent admittance to the hospital for severe anemia. The group has cancelled all tour dates for this week but no word yet on whether it will also have to cancel its appearance at the festival.

Although, Monica Seide, the band’s press manager, said in an email “my gut feeling is they will ultimately have to cancel.”

The band has set up a profile on youcaring.com, an online fundraising website, to help raise money for the full-time musician’s newly incurred medical costs and the money lost from cancelled tour dates. You can donate here.

“It’s tough to see musicians go through health problems because they are under more dire (monetary) constraints than someone working a regular job,” Koscho said. “It’s a really sad situation and our thought go out to them.” 

For the full line-up and times visit http://nelsonvillefest.org/2013-schedule.html

wh092010@ohiou.edu