Know these names, impress your friends

Take the time to get to know these names and faces. These Ohio University leaders — a mix of both students and administrators — are deciding what student money supports, which classes will be required for students to graduate and how the campus’ wireless Internet could be improved. These decision makers shape daily OU operations.

Plus, it doesn’t hurt to have friends in high places.

President Roderick McDavis

McDavis became OU’s 20th president in 2004, becoming the second OU alumnus to hold the position. Hailing from Dayton, McDavis attended OU during the riot that closed the university in 1970. With a doctorate of education, McDavis held the position of provost and vice president for academic affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University, where he also was an education professor.

Email: mcdavis@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $390,321

Executive Vice President and Provost Pam Benoit

The third provost under McDavis’ leadership, Benoit serves as OU’s chief academic officer. She co-chairs the Budget Planning Council, which is responsible for making budget recommendations to the OU Board of Trustees, and she works with OU’s college deans to oversee the university’s academic programs. She came to OU in 2009 after she worked as vice provost and dean at the University of Missouri. Benoit holds a doctorate in communication from Wayne State University.

Twitter: @PamBenoit

Email: benoit@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $265,696

Vice President for Finance and Administration Stephen Golding

Golding oversees the day-to-day operations of OU’s police, budget, finance, human resources, facilities and auxiliaries departments. He also serves as co-chair of OU’s Budget Planning Council. Before starting at OU in 2010, Golding worked as Cornell University’s executive vice president for finance and administration and as the University of Pennsylvania’s vice president of finance and treasurer.

Email: golding@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $317,411

Vice President for Student Affairs Ryan Lombardi

Lombardi was appointed to vice president for student affairs at the end of the 2011-12 school year after serving four years as OU’s dean of students. He is an adviser to Student Senate. Lombardi previously worked as associate dean of students at Duke University.

Twitter: @OHIOVP

Email: lombardi@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $150,000

Dean of Students Jenny Hall-Jones

Hall-Jones served as the interim dean of students after Lombardi’s promotion during the 2012-13 school year, but Hall-Jones was chosen for the position after a national search. Hall-Jones will oversee residential housing. An OU alumna, Jones has also been OU’s assistant director of residence life and assistant dean of students.

Twitter: @JennyHallJones

Email: hallj1@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $100,000

Executive Director of Residential Housing Peter Trentacoste

OU’s head housing administrator is starting his second year on the job after coming to OU from Northern Kentucky University at the beginning of the 2012-13 school year. His job entails overseeing 42 residence halls and hundreds of resident assistants. Trentacoste holds a master’s degree from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Twitter: @housingdirector

Email: trentaco@ohio.edu

2011-12 salary: $107,000

Student Senate President Nick Southall

After his party swept all but one Student Senate position during elections in April, Southall started working to strengthen senate’s relationship with OU administrators. Southall is a senior from Marietta, Ohio, studying integrated language arts.

Twitter: @nickEXPLODEeon

Email: ns119409@ohio.edu

Student Senate President holds a $10,000 scholarship

Second-year Student Trustee Amanda Roden

In Roden’s second year as a student trustee to OU’s Board of Trustees, she will sit on the Budget Planning Council and other meetings with top administrators. She is a senior studying Spanish.

Twitter: @amanda_roden

Email: ar145009@ohio.edu

First-year Student Trustee Keith Wilbur

Serving as Roden’s junior counterpart, Wilbur also sits on OU’s Board of Trustees as a non-voting student trustee and was appointed by Ohio Gov. John Kasich in April. Unlike other OU student trustees, Wilbur supports student trustee voting rights. A junior studying political science and economics, Wilbur is from Johnstown, Ohio.

Twitter: @keith_wilbur

Email: kw811410@ohio.edu

Information Technology Communications Manager Sean O’Malley

O’Malley first came to OU as a doctorate student studying English. He is now responsible for helping OU students, faculty and staff understand what changes the Office  of Information Technology is making to OU’s technical infrastructure.

Twitter: @OhioIT

Email: omalley@ohio.edu

2012-13 salary: $83,070

Board of Trustees Chair Sandra Anderson

Anderson, an alumna of OU, was appointed to chair of OU’s Board of Trustees for the 2013-14 school year. The Board of Trustees makes decisions on OU’s largest capital projects, as well as tuition increases. Anderson also manages Ohio State University’s Office of Legal Affairs.

Email: anderson.2153@osu.edu