Breaking: OU student dies in dorm on South Green

No part of Atkinson is closed off and Robinson's family was notified Saturday morning, Hall-Jones said in an email to The Post

"We will have a meeting at 4 p.m. this afternoon in Foster House, and any student who wants to gather together for support are encouraged to attend," Hall-Jones said in an email to The Post. 

Counseling and Psychological Services staff will be at the meeting. 

"It is always sad when we lose a member of the Bobcat Family," Hall-Jones said. "I am grateful for the wonderful work of our counselors and residential housing staff, and encourage students to reach out to us if they need help."

The cause of death is still under investigation by OUPD.

_____________________________________________

Michael Robinson, a freshman at Ohio University, died in Atkinson Hall on Saturday, according to an email from OU's Dean of Students Jenny Hall-Jones. 

Robinson, who was studying psychology and pre-physical therapy, lived in Foster House and his death was confirmed by Athens County emergency medical personnel, according to a campuswide email from Hall-Jones. 

The time and cause of Robinson's death are unknown. 

"Based on the information that OUPD has at this time, there is no reason to believe that there is an ongoing danger to the community," Hall-Jones said in the email. 

Hall-Jones and Vice President for Student Affairs Ryan Lombardi could not immediately be reached for comment Saturday. 

Counselors and residential housing staff are at both Atkinson and Foster houses on deep South Green providing support to students, Hall-Jones wrote in her email. 

"Remember to take care of yourself and each other," she said. "Please ask for help if you need it."

dd195710@ohiou.edu

@WillDrabold