Provided

Classified employees awarded for services

Undergraduates typically spend four years at Ohio University. Imagine being here for 30.

The Classified Service Awards honored 150 university employees who have worked at OU for as few as five years and as long as 30, 80 of whom attended the event Wednesday morning. The event was hosted by Classified Senate.

Four employees, Nell Ann Sands, Steve Andrews, Robert Barrett and Karen Harris were honored for working at OU for at least 30 years.

“Classified employees play a critical role in making the time at Ohio University a positive, life-changing experience for the students we serve,” said Pam Benoit, OU’s executive vice president and provost, at the event.

“Today I offer a heartfelt ‘thank you’ and congratulations to the award recipients who have 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service,” Benoit said.

Deborah McDavis, wife of OU President Roderick McDavis, and Vice President for Student Affairs Ryan Lombardi were also in attendance at the event, said Bonnie Behm-Geddes, chair of Classified Senate.

“The Classified Service awards were a wonderful acknowledgment of the many dedicated staff who keep the university running smoothly on a daily basis,” said Lombardi, in an email. “It was a special treat for me to be able to recognize the classified staff from Student Affairs who are celebrating service anniversaries.”

Classified Senate represents about 545 non-bargaining and 300 to 400 bargaining employees on campus, Behm-Geddes said.

Benoit said she appreciates the years of dedication those who received awards have contributed to OU.

“That level of commitment — to invest yourself and your career at Ohio University — is a significant factor of our resilience and our continued growth,” she said.

dd195710@ohiou.edu

@WillDrabold