Cathryn Altdoerffer, right, looks to gain control of the ball as an Ohio State player, left, runs down the field beside her. The game took place at Pruitt Field, Sept. 12, 2012. (Michael Pronzato | for The Post)

Field Hockey: 'Cats look to rebound in Louisville

With another week of practice under their belts, the Bobcats will travel to Louisville, Ky., in search of their first win.

However, instead of spending all week focusing on its matchups with William & Mary (2-0) and Louisville (1-1), Ohio worked on improving aspects of their own game.

“We spent this week working on fixing ourselves,” senior Andrea Biegalski said. “Coach (Macmillan) gives us specifics of our own game that we need to fix without telling us that the fixes are tied into things we need to beat the teams we’re practicing for.”

Coach Neil Macmillan added that practice this week has been intense and that the squad has addressed some of the issues that plagued them last week.

Coming off of last week’s disappointing start to the season, the Bobcats (0-2) returned home to a better situation.

Until this week, the team did not have a regular practice field, having held practices in Peden Stadium and Ping Student Recreation Center because of ongoing construction with the Pruitt Field turf.

This week, Ohio was given a makeshift practice field at the tennis courts.

“We’re really excited to have a field to practice on every day,” Biegalski said. “After bouncing around to all those places and playing surfaces for the last few weeks, having a place that we can come to every day that has the ideal playing surface energized us.”

The energy in practice will have to translate onto Louisville’s Trager Field for Ohio to come out victorious in their games this weekend.

Saturday’s opponent William & Mary is coming off an undefeated weekend where the Tribe outscored their opponents 9-2, while Louisville split their games, losing 3-2 to No. 7 Virginia on Saturday, before defeating Richmond 2-1 on Sunday.

“Both teams we face this weekend are very tactically sound, which can be attributed to both having great coaching,” Macmillan said. “As silly as it sounds, the biggest factor in us winning this weekend is scoring goals. We only scored three times in our two games last weekend; three goals is something that needs to happen every game.

“We just have to have a short memory.”

tj790511@ohiou.edu