Board of Trustees withdraws McDavis pay raise

Ohio University has decided to rescind its base salary increase to President Roderick McDavis and his wife following an article published today in The Columbus Dispatch claimed the board inappropriately voted for the raise.

The board at Friday’s meeting approved a 1 percent increase in base pay for McDavis and his wife, Deborah. The money was funded from the 1 percent pool increase for faculty and staff approved at the board’s August meeting in which McDavis received a 2.89 percent base pay increase.

The board discussed the “clarification” to include the McDavis’ in the pool in executive session Friday and announced the raise in the general body meeting.

“To alleviate any concerns or misunderstanding, the board will not go forward with the 1 percent increase for the President and First Lady until it has reconvened and had an opportunity to discuss and formally vote on a resolution in a public meeting,” said Pete Mather, secretary to the Board of Trustees, in a statement.

President McDavis was set to make $431,150 and his wife $31,200 after the most recent raise.

"Ohio University's Board of Trustees' actions that relate to the President's contract, evaluation, and compensation are based on a demonstrated value of transparency and full disclosure. In fact, the Board has publicly released the President's contract and his performance evaluation and has publicly disclosed all elements of the President's compensation," Mather said.

dd195710@ohiou.edu