Live Basketball Notebook: Ohio vs. Heidelberg

PREGAME

Ohio (3-1) hosts Division III Heidelberg (1-1) at 2:00 p.m. in the second game of the Ohio Classic at The Convo.

The Bobcats lead the all-time series against the Student Princes 5-2. Ohio has not played a regular season contest against a non-Division I opponent since it defeated Marietta College 88-54 December of 2011. Ohio returns home after defeating Morgan State 65-62 as junior guard Stevie Taylor converted on a three point play with 2.2 second left to seal a Bobcats win.

Heidelberg is coming off a 63-56 loss against Mount Saint Joseph. The Student Princes have averaged 64 points per game and have made 35 percent of their shots from their field through two contests. Junior guard Marcquice Taylor is averaging 12 points per game for Heidelberg and sophomore forward Jackson Blue averages more than 10 points per game.

Ohio Starters: junior guard Stevie Taylor, senior guard Nick Kellogg, senior guard Ricardo Johnson, redshirt senior Jon Smith, junior forward Maurice Ndour

FIRST HALF

Heidelberg senior guard Mike Petrie with six quick points as the Student Princes lead the Bobcats 11-7 with 15:49 left in the first half.

senior guard Travis Wilkins converts on a three pointer as Ohio retakes the lead 15-13 with 12:24 left in the first half.

After a another three by Petrie, Ohio's Smith makes basket as Ohio leads 22-21 with 9:10 left in the first half.

Petrie now has 12 points for the Student Princes as they lead 24-22 with 7:54 remaining in the first half.Timeout on the floor.

Ricardo Johnson with block and dunk extended Ohio's lead to 38-29 with 30 seconds left in the half.

At Halftime: Ohio leads Heidelberg 38-29.

SECOND HALF

Heidelberg comes out hot as they cut the deficit to 43-40 with 15:53 left in the game.

Smith converted on a lay in as Ohio now leads 53-44 with 11:57 remaining in the contest.

Nick Kellogg converted on another trip as Ohio now leads 61-45 with 9:20 left in the game.

Johnson with a slam dunk and a three pointer on the next posession as the Bobcats now lead 75-50 with 4:25 remaining in the game.

Ohio extends lead to 80-52 with 2:56 left in the game.

FINAL: Ohio wins 85-57.