Vice President Anna Morton, President Nick Southall, and Treasurer Austin LaForest oversee a Student Senate meeting Oct. 16. The body will hear a presentation on guaranteed tuition at Wednesday’s meeting. (Macy Dirienzo| File Photo)

Talk on guaranteed tuition slated for senate meeting

Guaranteed tuition will be the focus of Wednesday’s Student Senate meeting, with a presentation from one of the individuals most involved in its implementation.

Craig Cornell, chair of the guaranteed tuition implementation team and vice provost for enrollment management, will give the body updates on what the implementation team has been doing.

“We want to inform our senators and anyone that comes to the meeting about guaranteed tuition,” Senate Treasurer Austin LaForest said.

LaForest has worked with Cornell on the implementation team through the communications subcommittee, one of the many university subcommittees focusing on guaranteed tuition.

“I asked to sit on that committee because I feel that it’s my job to gather information about guaranteed tuition and give it to students,” LaForest said.

Some senate members, such as Anna Morton, senate vice president, said seeing the presentations is beneficial for not only the senate, but for those external to the organization.

“I’m glad (Cornell’s) coming to educate us so we can educate students for appropriate input from them,” Morton said.

Senate President Nick Southall said he hopes the presentation will attract a number of different opinions from voices outside the body.

“I know that this is something students like to talk about and like to learn about and voice their concerns … and this is the perfect time to do that. Student Senate hopes to construct the most accurate opinion of the students on this issue,” Southall said.

@ohitchcock

oh271711@ohiou.edu