Live Basketball Notebook: Ohio vs. Ball State

PREGAME        

Ohio (11-4, 1-1) hosts Ball State (3-10, 0-2) tonight at 8:00 p.m., which marks the Bobcats first game against a Mid-American Conference West opponent this season. The Bobcats dropped their last contest to Akron 83-80 in double overtime. Ball State, who has struggled to find consistency this season,  has fared well in its first two MAC games despite recording defeats in both contests.

Freshman guard Zavier Turner, who leads the team with 12.7 points per game, paces the Cardinals. Senior center Majok Majok, is the second leading scorer on the squad with 11.5 points per contest. Majok is also stout on the glass, averaging 10.5 rebounds per game.

Ohio Starters: junior guard Stevie Taylor, senior guard Nick Kellogg, senior forward T.J. Hall, redshirt senior forward Jon Smith, junior forward Maurice Ndour

Ball State Starters: freshman guard Zavier Turner, freshman guard Mark Alstork, senior forward Chris Bond, freshman forward Franko House, senior center Majok Majok

FIRST HALF

The Cardinals strike first with a basket by Bond. Ndour fouled by House and converts both. Score tied at two with 18:12 remaining in the first half.

With timeout on the floor the Bobcats lead the Cardinals 6-4. 15:47 left in the first half.

Hall slashes to the rim as Ohio leads 8-6. 12:28 remaining in the first half.

Ohio's Treg Setty drives to the lane as the Bobcats take a 10-8 lead. 9:54 remaining in the first half.

The Bobcats lead 12-10 with timeout on the floor and 7:54 left in the first half. Ohio has picked up 11 team fouls already in the game.

Ohio starting to get some distance between themselves and the Cardinals. They lead 21-15 with 4:23 remaining in the first half.

Ball State has started to climb back as they have cut the defcit to six points. Ohio is ahead 25-19 with 1:04 left in the first half.

At halftime, Ohio leads Ball State 27-21.

SECOND HALF

With timeout on the floor, the Bobcats lead the Cardinals 34-23 with 17:00 remaining in the contest.

Ohio inreases its lead to 13 points with 14:40 remianing in the game. Ndour scored Ohio's first five points of the half.

Nick Kellogg tacks on a jumper for the Bobcats after a Chris Bond three pointer for BSU as Ohio now leads 45-33 with 11:50 left in the contest.

Travis Wilkins converts a three point play as Ohio now leads 51-35 with 9:20 left in the game.

Majok Mjok makes one of two free throw attempts for the Cardinals and Ohio leads 64-46 with 3:45 remaining in the contest.

FINAL: Ohio wins 71-51.