Post Picks: 3/20/14

New, must watch comedy 

With the exception of shows like South Park, Tosh.0, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, Comedy Central has always been a channel that has struggled in creating new, great and/or lasting content. Some shows are good but fail to find their audience — like Dog Bites Man — while others are decidedly mediocre, yet find enough of an audience to stay on the air in a midday slot, like Workaholics.

But, of late, with shows like Inside Amy Schumer, Key & Peele and Broad City, it appears that the channel is finally starting to get their act together in a more productive way. And with their latest show, Review, they may be on the verge of creating one of their best programs yet.

Giving comedian/actor Andy Daly the vehicle he deserves, the show follows the main character as he attempts to review everything from stealing to racism. It is as politically incorrect as you can imagine, but it is also just as wicked and dryly funny as you would hope. There have only been two episodes so far, but there are more laughs packed in those two episodes than some shows induced in whole seasons.

Plus, each episode is only 20 minutes long. I’m sure you can spare a couple minutes away from taking another Buzzfeed quiz to check it out. You’ll be glad you did.

Will Ashton, For The Post

Lady power rules Comedy Central

My esteemed colleague Will might be going with Review for his fav. new Comedy Central show, but I’ve got to talk up Broad City. The show is created by its stars, Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, and these two fly girls are hilarious. They have a knack for taking the smallest daily event and turning it into the most delightful 20-minute episode.

I can’t get enough of this awesomely lady-powered show. If vulgarity isn’t your thing, you’ve been warned, because Ilana can get downright nasty sometimes, but every time I tune in, I can’t stop laughing.

And lucky for you, busy college student, this gem is available on Hulu, so check it out when you’ve got a spare 20 minutes.

Nicolien Buholzer, Managing editor