Track and Field: Ohio opens season at Wake Forest Open

The Wake Forest Invitational was no threat to the Green and White this weekend as the Bobcats recorded several performances to begin their outdoor season.

With the weather not being a factor this weekend, there were a lot of athletes that showed they perform better outdoors than indoors, including junior hurdler Chanda Cuckler.

Cuckler and junior thrower Donyelle Brown tried to get an early start to a long season ahead.

Cuckler was .01-meters shy of striking a personal best in the high jump with a mark of 5.71-meters. That jump was high enough to earn her a bronze medal.

Brown did not place as well as this weekend as she did during the indoor season though as she finished 14th in the weight throw with a mark of 39.17-meters.

Senior Lauren McCullough recorded a solid performance in the javelin throw. With a mark of 38.16m, she finished 12th and neared the MAC-qualifying stamp.

Senior Olivia Vitou, placed six spots lower than classmate McCullough with a mark of 34.68-meterss.

Another strong performance came from the 4x400 relay crossing the checkered line in 3:56.67 giving them a sixth-place finish.

In the 800-meter run, junior Delaney Booker made her presence known breaking her personal best finishing at 2:16.33.

Most teams look to their seniors to carry the weight and pick up the slack of the less experience, but that was not the case, as sophomore Peyton Atkins ran a personal best of 10:54.32 in the 3,000-meter run.

There are several standout juniors and even some sophomores who don’t want to be overlooked.

ww773412@ohiou.edu

@wynstonw_