Men's Golf: Ohio looks to gather momentum in Muncie

The Bobcats will need to have the wind to their backs in order to gather some late-season momentum when they tee off at the

Earl Yestingsmeier Memorial Invitational on Monday

.

Posting a three-round score of 909 at the Hoosier Invitational last week, Ohio will rely on freshmen Peyton White and Ty Herriott, sophomores Michael Engelman and Brad Burgess, junior Andrew Mlynarski and senior Phil Giesker to lead in its second-to-last tournament. Junior Thomas Leech will look to compete as an individual.

The Delaware Country Club has a par-70 layout and Ohio will face off against Ball State, Chicago State, Franklin, Loyola University, Chicago, Marian, St. Francis, Taylor, Toledo and Vincennes.

The seven golfers in Ohio’s lineup are diverse with some players back in the lineup for the first time in months.

White has led the Bobcats in the past three tournaments this spring, posting 35th, 18th and 50th place finishes, respectively, while Mlynarski has been reliable for the Bobcats.

Mlynarski has posted his first two top-20 finishes of his career this spring, including a tie for 18th at the Pinehurst Invitational on March 10.

At Pinehurst, Giesker placed 43rd with a 30-over-par score in three rounds and a score of 242.

Engelman last shot at Pinehurst also, posting a three round score of 245, while Herriott has gained experience in four of the Bobcat’s seven tournaments this year.

Last time out for Burgess, he helped Ohio secure a 4-2 win over Bowling Green.

This will be Leech’s first time on the green since competing at the Firestone Invitational on Oct. 8.

The Bobcats will shoot 36 holes on Monday and then conclude the tournament with the final 18 holes on Tuesday.

@Lukeoroark

lr514812@ohiou.edu