Ohio Softball has zero hits, shutout in loss to Buffalo

4/5/14

Starting lineup  for the Bobcats: 

1. SS Amanda Dalton (0-1, HBP, BB) 

2. 2B Alexia Cortez (0-1, BB, K)

PH. Chelsea Hortman (0-1, K)

3. 3B Casie Hutchinson (0-3, 2K)

4. 1B Alex Basquez (0-2, 2K)

5. RF Adrienne Gebele (0-2, BB, K)

6. C Madison Claytor (0-3, 2K)

7. SP Savannah Jo Dorsey (0-2, K)

8. LF Sloan Walker (0-2)

9. CF Alissa Wolfe (0-2)

SP: Savannah Jo Dorsey

First inning:

Top:  Dorsey looking good to start, little bit of control issues but finished the top of one with 1 K, 1 BB, 0 hits, 0 R, 0 ER

Bottom: Dalton flies out to shallow center for the first out, Cortez draws a walk, Hutchinson strikes out swinging for out number 2, Cortez caught stealing for the third out. No runs off of no hits for the Bobcats.

Second inning:

Top: Buffalo scores two after loading the bases and a dropped ball at the plate. Dorsey 1 K, 1 HBP, 2 H, 2 R. 

Bottom: Bobcats leave a runner at third and strike out three times. Buffalo 2-0 after the second

Third inning:

Top: Three up, three down for Buffalo. Dorsey 1 K, 0 BB, 0 H, 0 R

Bottom: Walker grounds out to first for out number one. Wolfe flies out to shallow right for out number two. Dalton heads to first after getting hit by a pitch, she is fine. Runner on first two outs for Cortez. Dalton advances to second on a passed ball . Cortez strikes out looking. The Bobcats have yet to get a hit and Buffalo still is on top 2-0 after three. 

Fourth inning:

Top: Three straight outs for Buffalo. Dorsey 2 K, 0 BB, 0 H, 0 R

Bottom: Hutchinson flies out to left for out number one. Basquez strikes out swinging making it two down.  Gebele gets robbed of a hit down the left line by a terrific diving stop by Buffalo. 2-0 Buffalo heading to the fifth. 

Fifth inning:

Top:  Buffalo's Sammie Gallordo laces a single off the center field wall but after a great dig at first the Bobcats end the inning with no damage delt. Still 2-0 Buffalo  Dorsey 1 K, 0 BB, 1 H, 0 R

Bottom: 

Claytor strikes out for out number one. Dorsey flies out to second for out number two. Walker flies out to second to end the inning. Still no hits or runs for the Bobcats

Sixth inning: 

Top: Dorsey walks the first batter of the inning, Heather Rider, putting a runner on with no outs. Bobcats get the lead out after a sacrifice bunt by Haley Barrow, one down runner on first. Savanna Norcio ropes a line drive single that scores one and she advances to third after an error by Gebele. 3-0 Buffalo. Dorsey gets a routine ground ball but the ball is dropped at first, scoring another run. That is Ohio's third error on the day. 4-0 Buffalo.  Dorsey strikes out the final batter and Ohio heads into hit. Dorsey 1 K, 1 BB, 2 H, 2 R

Bottom: Wolfe to lead things off, but grounds out to third for the first out. Dalton fights off a few and earns a walk. Runner on first, one out. Chelsea Hartman pinch hits for Cortez. Hartman goes down swinging but Dalton steals second. Runner on second, two down. Hutchinson goes down swinging and the inning ends. 4-0 Buffalo after six. Ohio is still looking for their first hit. 

Seventh inning:

Top: Dorsey fans the first batter. Dalton trips over second base but on her way down manages to catch the fly ball for out number two. Fly ball to center ends the inning. Buffalo still on top 4-0.  Dorsey 1 K, 0 BB, 0 H, 0 R

Bottom: The Bobcats go down in order and pick up zero hits. The team did not record a single hit today and lost 4-0 to Buffalo. Game 2 will be played tomorrow at 1 p.m. 

Dorsey (13-11) 7.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 0 ER, 7 K, 2.76 ERA