OUPD officials to search Bush Hall for drugs

Ohio University Police Department requested a permission to search an East Green residence hall because police suspected someone in the hall was in possession of drugs, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

The search warrant states that there is evidence that the residents, Maxwell Giulianelli and William Shaughnessy, possessed marijuana and/or other substances in their dorm, 315 Bush Hall.

The document states that officers will be able to search any record or document, such as employment documents, safes and cell phones, among other possessions.

It is unclear as of press time why OUPD officials wanted to search Giulianelli’s and Shaughnessy’s dorm room.

Judge L. Alan Goldsberry signed a similar search warrant Feb. 25, when OUPD officers suspected that another OU student, Jennifer Spetrino, 19, possessed marijuana in her South Green dorm room.

According to the OUPD police report, the Martzoloff House Residential Coordinator Kayla Lennon, 26, contacted law enforcement after finding evidence of possession of marijuana paraphernalia during an Environmental Health and Safety inspection.

OUPD Police Chief Andrew Powers did not comment by press time. No charges have been filed against Giulianelli and Shaughnessy at this time.

kf398711@ohiou.edu

@KellyPFisher