Significant others should never feel pressured in bed

Dear BedPost,

My girlfriend and I have been together for a few months now, so I’d say we are falling out of the honeymoon stage. I have a busy life and am often tired, but she wants to have sex constantly still. When I don’t wanna have sex, she gets really mad. How do I increase my sex drive?

Dear reader,

Everybody likes sex. Even women. Sitcoms have been lying to America for decades. As a result, everybody has a sex drive, some more active than others.

Even though it’s supposed conventional wisdom that men are down to get down anytime someone else agrees to it, this is certainly not the case.

What your girlfriend is doing is mean. She is subscribing to an outdated school of thought and thinks she can just expect you to be ready to screw at a moment’s notice because she watched a bunch of The King of Queens on Nick at Nite. Which is bad for your psyche on several levels.

The only reason you should work to increase your sex drive would be if you yourself feel like it is too low. If you do, a doctor is a better person to ask than me. The extent of my collegiate science education is taking Intro to the Animal Kingdom my freshman year. I can tell you that horses evolved from whales (or maybe it’s the other way around), but I have no idea how to increase your testosterone output.

But if the reason you think you need a higher sex drive is because you can’t get it up for your sexually overly-demanding girlfriend twice a day, you need to tell her she needs to cool it and let you keep your pants on for once. You’re not some sexual dynamo like Kevin James.

Ian is a junior studying journalism and a copy editor at The Post. Tweet him your opinions at

@IanOrding

Dear reader,

So, like for some reason, our culture values sex a whole-hell of a lot more than other things that people should probably care more about, such as where Mandy Moore is (seriously someone check on her, where has she been?) and the value of McDonald’s French fries dipped in chocolate shakes.

Because of a whole bunch of Women’s and Gender Studies buzzwords like hegemonic masculinity, we’re programmed to think men constantly want sex and if they don’t something is wrong with them. Cue a million SomeEcards with laughing women and holding martinis talking about how much men think with their penises.

OK, for this part I need you to listen really closely and imagine me screaming this from a mountain. You are completely within your rights to say no to sex whether you are single, taken, male, female or anything in between. No one deserves to feel bad because they’d rather lay in bed, eat popcorn and watch Bo Burnham rather than have sex (I say more for myself than you).

You shouldn’t have to explain yourself. If you want to give them an explanation, let them know it’s not because you aren’t into what they’re working with, but you just are plain tuckered out. Then maybe introduce them to the wonderful world of masturbation. Afterwards, take a nap. You deserve it, champ.

Or if you really wanna increase your sex drive, I have some offers for some pills in my spam email that just might interest you.

Kristin is a junior studying

journalism and Culture Editor at

The Post. Tweet her your opinions at @KristinSalaky.

Got a partner you can’t satisfy? Email us at

thebedpostpeople@gmail.com.