The other Aaron Carters in Athens

When 2000s pop star Aaron Carter was 12 years old, he sang to the world that he wanted Candy.

When he was 20, however, he wanted Mary Jane.

Carter, who will headline a free concert on South Green on Thursday, was arrested on Feb. 21, 2008, after authorities stopped him for speeding and found marijuana in the vehicle.

He was charged with possession of marijuana and placed on a $2,000 bond, according to arrest documents from the Kimble County Sheriff’s Department in Junction, Texas, where he was arrested.

According to the documents, he possessed about two ounces of marijuana.

When he hits the bricks in Athens, the “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It)” singer won’t be the only individual named Aaron Carter to run into trouble with the law — four men who share his name were indicted in the Athens court system.

An elephant-shaped pipe

Aaron C. Carter, 18 at the time of his arrest, was indicted on one count of possession of drug paraphernalia and one count of drug abuse.

According to a report from the Ohio University Police Department, the West Chester, Ohio, man was arrested June 2, 2011, on Oxbow Trail near Stocker Hall. He and three other men possessed “less than bulk” amounts of marijuana.

“Once there, I could immediately smell a strong odor of burnt marijuana coming from the (group),” officer Richard Sargent, on duty at the time, wrote in the police report. “I found an elephant-shaped pipe on the bench next to Mr. Carter containing suspected burnt marijuana.”

Carter’s friend Robert Stephenson was the only other member of the group charged, according to the report.

The report adds that Carter admitted to Sargent that each of them had used the pipe.

Four days later, however, Stephenson admitted in a written statement to OUPD officers that the pipe and the drugs were both his and asked to remove the charges against Carter.

He said he wanted “to do the right thing,” according to the report.

Carter’s charges were dismissed June 13, 2011, according to court documents.

10Fest arrest

Surrounded by neon T-shirts, drunken college kids and the serenades of rapper Curren$y in a field outlined with law enforcement officials, Aaron C. Carter, 19 at the time of his arrest, got into trouble again one year after his run-in with OUPD when he was charged with one count of drug paraphernalia, one count of possession of drugs and one count of underage consumption.

He was arrested by officials from the Ohio Department of Liquor Control on Sept. 29 at 10Fest, according to court documents.

According to the complaint filed in the Athens County Municipal Court on Oct. 10, 2012, Carter, who lived on West Carpenter Street at the time, “admitted to glassy, bloodshot eyes (and) could not walk in a straight line.”

He also possessed a smoking pipe with suspected marijuana residue and “a small plastic case” containing “less than 100 grams” of marijuana.

Carter pleaded guilty to all of the charges Nov. 8, 2012.

Although he was sentenced to 30 days in jail for the underage consumption charge, all 30 days were suspended, according to court documents. He received $495 in fines between all three charges.

Urinating near Jeff Hill

Aaron Carter, 24, was arrested March 23, 2014, for one count of disorderly conduct, filed by the Ohio University Police Department, and waived his plea, immediately pleading guilty March 24.

Carter, of Pataskala, Ohio — which is in Licking County — was arrested on Union Street near Jeff Hill after being observed “urinating in the bushes next to Jeff Hill,” according to a police report from OUPD.

The complaint filed March 24 states that Carter “did recklessly cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm to another by creating a condition which was physically offensive to persons or property.”

Carter pleaded guilty by accepting a waiver, paying a fine of $239.

69 in a 55

Aaron D. Carter, 34 at the time of his arrest, was cited by Ohio State Highway Patrol for speeding.

Carter, of North High Street, Columbus, was charged with one count of speeding, a minor misdemeanor, to which he pleaded guilty June 8, 1999. He was clocked going 69 mph in a 55 mph zone.

Ohio State Highway Patrol officials referred comments on the case to the Athens County Municipal Court.

According to court documents, Carter received a $90 fine for the incident, which was paid immediately.

Interfering with the rights of others

Aaron Carter, 27 at the time of his arrest, was indicted in the Athens County Municipal Court on March 20, 2003, on one count of disorderly conduct, which he committed the day before.

Athens Police Department officers arrested Carter, though officials did not return The Post’s request for comment on this case by press time.

The complaint, filed the day of the indictment, stated that Carter was “hindering or preventing the movement of persons on a public street, road, highway or right-of-way ... so as to interfere with the rights of others.”

Although he originally pleaded no contest, Carter, of Euclid Street in Athens at the time of the incident, was found guilty and received a $40 fine.

— Court docket searches did not retrieve records of anyone by the name of Aaron Carter in the Athens County Common Pleas Court or anyone with similar spellings of the name.

@KELLYpFISHER

kf398711@ohiou.edu