Jonathan Russell of The Head and the Heart performs on Nelsonville Music Festival's Main Stage. The band took the stage Saturday in advance of the headlining Avett Brothers. (Jim Ryan | The Post)

Nelsonville Music Festival

Nelsonville Music Festival has grown significantly over the past four years, gathering the talent of headliners such as The Flaming Lips, Andrew Bird and Wilco while never deviating from its roots as a gathering for those looking to hear new music.

It has established a reputation of knowing its audience by bringing in an eclectic mix of folk and punk rock and providing an outlet for local musicians.

View a photo slideshow from the festival here.

Given that history, it's only fitting that this year's lineup features the repeat performances of some of the festival's best acts of years past for its 10-year anniversary. From the intimate NoFi Cabin performance of Shovels & Rope in 2012 to the 2008 appearance from The Avett Brothers, Nelsonville Music Festival has provided quality acts throughout its 10-year tenure. This week, more than 50 acts will take to its stages.

Remember that a number of the most prominent performers played on smaller stages in previous years. So one should never underestimate the smaller acts on the Porch Stage and NoFi Cabin. Be sure to follow @ThePost and @ThePostCulture for live updates from the event, and get primed for the festivities by clicking through our interactive preview below. 

You can reminisce about last year's festival by watching our video from the event.

Editor's note: You must have an updated version of Flash Player installed on your device to view the interactive Nelsonville Music Festival preview.