A diagram from an Athens Police Department report shows the alleged path Logan Graber took from West State Street to the The Crystal's front door.

Man who allegedy drove into The Crystal gets OVI charge, Tuesday court date

This article initially incorrectly stated that Logan Graber had been released from custody after signing a $4,000 bond. The Post regrets the error.

A Sidney, Ohio man was cited with operating a vehicle under the influence after driving a white 2004 Ford Mustang into The Crystal Bar Thursday night.

Logan Graber, 29, of Sidney, was allegedly traveling eastbound on West State Street when he “left his lane of travel,” according to a report from the Athens Police Department, and struck a parked car.

Graber, who drove with a suspended license, left the scene of the initial crash and turned south onto Court Street, according to the report. He then lost control of his vehicle and struck a city light pole, before crashing into the Crystal at 34 N. Court St.

That happened at about 11:45 p.m., the report said, and prompted a response on social media among Ohio University students and those frequenting Uptown bars Thursday. One doorman at the Crystal told The Post

he felt the building shake when the car came to rest.

Graber ditched the car and fled on foot towards Mill Street, but was later apprehended by an officer, according to the report. The drug test status on the report showed that police suspected Graber was under the influence of alcohol, but he refused sobriety tests.

A search for Graber on OU’s online directory failed to turn up any results. Court documents show he appeared in Athens County Municipal Court on Friday.

Graber is scheduled to appear again in court at 8 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The Ford Mustang sustained “disabling” damage as a result of the crash, according to the police report.

One person was transported to O’Bleness Hospital's emegency room for a minor cut to his leg from glass shattering during the crash, according to the report.

The Athens City Electrician, Athens Fire Department were on scene to assist APD officers at the time of the crash.

jl951613@ohiou.edu

Suhyeon Park contributed to this report.