Brandon Jorge Allen

Supposed drug "king pin" booked in Athens County

The man who allegedly supplied Glouster with enough pills for residents to get their fill will be arraigned in court Monday.

The man accused of leading drug trade from Athens to Detroit has been booked into Athens County's Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail and awaits arraignment

A release sent out Thursday by Keller Blackburn's office said Brandon Jorge Allen, a former Detroit police officer, had been booked into the jail just after midnight Thursday. The jail's website recorded Allen's booking at 11:13 p.m. Wednesday.

Either way, Allen is in Southeast Ohio after two Athens County Sheriff's deputies transported him from Georgia.

Allen was arrested in Atlanta on July 25 as he was trying to escape at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

He faces a 12-count indictment, including three first-degree felony counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs. First-degree felonies are punishable by up to 11 years in prison and call for a minimum prison sentence of three years.

Those counts are in connection to alleged pill trade in and out of Glouster. 

Blackburn has called the investigation leading to Allan's arrest the largest in Athens County history. A release from his office earlier this summer said Blackburn worked with U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Attorney General's office to track down Allen.

Allan will be arraigned in Athens County Common Pleas Court Monday at 1 p.m. Stick with @ThePost on Twitter and at thepostathens.com for coverage.