This picture of a questionnaire that allegedly came from Ohio University's Sigma Pi chapter appeared on imgur.com last week.

Survey allegedly tied to Sigma Pi

An alleged Sigma Pi questionnaire was released on social media.

An image recently posted online of a questionnaire allegedly created by an Ohio University fraternity asks new recruits for their favorite drinks and for the “wildest/craziest thing” they never got caught doing.

The questionnaire — which repeatedly states affiliation with OU’s Sigma Pi fraternity chapter — was not used at any recruiting events by the fraternity, said Kristen Kardas, assistant director for Greek Life at OU.

It’s not clear if the questionnaire was produced by members of OU’s Sigma Pi fraternity chapter.

Andrew Kroeze, president of the Interfraternity Council, and Mike Colosimo, a former president of Sigma Pi and a senior, both declined to comment about the questionnaire. The fraternity’s current president, Wyatt Krizman, could not be reached for comment.

University-affiliated fraternities and sororities are not allowed to have alcohol at any greek life recruitment events.

Kardas said she met with Krizman last week to discuss the questionnaire.

“I did meet with the president (of Sigma Pi),” Kardas said. “He had not seen the questionnaire.”

Krizman produced the questions Sigma Pi recruits were asked at their meeting.

Images of the questionnaire — originally posted on imgur.com last week — have been posted on BroBible.com, COED.com, Reddit.com and other websites. All of the posts offer nothing to confirm its authenticity.

The author of the Reddit post discussing the questionnaire claimed it originated from the Facebook page of an OU professor. The Post was unable to authenticate that claim.

As of Monday, the image of the questionnaire on imgur had almost 4,700 views. It was uploaded to the site Sept. 15. Formal recruitment for fraternities affiliated with OU’s IFC ended the same day.

The alleged recruiting questionnaire asks for a recruit’s name, year, hometown and campus address. Then, it asks for: “Drink of choice,” “Do you have any unique skills such as … talking to girls,” and, “It’s Saturday night you’re at a bar, and you’ve been laying groundwork on an easy / regrettable 6 all night. Bar tender makes last call. What’s your next move?” 

Sigma Pi returned to campus in 2009 after 25 years away from OU, according to a previous Post article. On Wednesday, Kardas could not produce any records showing any disciplinary action against the fraternity since their return to campus. The organization currently does not have a house and has not since 2012.

@lukefurmanou

lf491413@ohio.edu