Editorial: Students should support top-notch volleyball team

Ohio’s volleyball team is really, really good.

After starting the season 1-3, the team has won 14 of its past 15 games and is 8-0 in conference play for the first time since 2009.

That year, the Bobcats made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after winning the Mid-American Conference regular season and tournament titles.

Ohio has talent throughout its roster, as Abby Gilleland and Kelly Lamberti are back-to-back MAC players of the year. Others, such as Meredith Ashy and Chelsea Bilger, have received first-team all-conference honors.

The team has the ability to go far — not only at the MAC Tournament later this season, but (potentially) at the NCAA Tournament as well.

This upcoming weekend, Western Michigan and Northern Illinois come to compete in Athens, and The Convo is sure to host some epic action. Western Michigan is 6-2 in conference play and a contender in the MAC West. The match against Northern Illinois is bound to be the Bobcats’ most important contest so far this season. The Huskies, currently 8-0 in MAC play, occupy first place in the MAC West. 

Two teams undefeated in conference play facing off in Athens? That’s must-see action, and The Post hopes to see a large turnout from students.

Be sure to head over to The Convo to support some of Ohio’s most impressive (and under-appreciated) student-athletes.

Editorials represent the majority opinion of The Post’s executive editors.