Ohio wins second of the weekend with sweep over Bowling Green

After surviving against Miami Friday, Ohio’s game against Bowling Green was never in doubt as the Bobcats swept the Falcons for the second win of weekend.

Ohio was able to find their offensive rhythm early as they found senior outside hitter Kelly Lamberti for five kills. Junior setter Abby Gilleland sprayed the ball all over the court as five Bobcats had five or more kills. Unlike the night before, Ohio was able to find their way around the blockers.

Lamberti lead the way for the Bobcats with 14 kills on the night while freshman outside hitter Jaime Kosiorek added 12 of her own. Gilleland fed her fellow All-American 49 times on the night as Lamberti was featured more in offensive strategy then in the past few games.

The Falcons struggled on the offensive end as every time they looked to get back into the game they would have an attacking error to stop their momentum.

The first set was close throughout as neither team could open up a lead larger than five points a side. Ohio was finally able to gain control of the set at the end as a Bowling Green attacking error gave the Bobcats the 26-24 victory.

After sliding by in the first set, Ohio didn’t leave the second set to chance as they held a sizeable lead throughout the set. The Bobcats were able to find the right combination between Lamberti and Kosiorek who led them to a 25-16 win.

The final frame was back and forth as the Falcons grabbed a three set lead halfway through the set. Ohio would battle back and take the lead at 15-14. They would hold the lead throughout the rest of the set for a 25-21 victory.

Coach Deane Webb’s aggressive serving strategy paid off tonight as they recorded six service aces as well as forcing six reception errors from the Falcons.

With this sweep win over Bowling Green, the Bobcats have won 12 of their last 13 games with the only loss being to Northwestern in five sets.