Soccer: Ohio dominates in its win over Ball State

The Bobcats claim three points in today's rainy match-up against Ball State with an early second half goal to win 1-0.

The goal came from freshman Megan Niebuhr, her first collegiate goal, who came on to the pitch for the injured Gabby Hausfeld.

Her injury is unknown but she was seen on crutches after the game, most likely leaving her out for Sunday's match.

"I never wish upon anyone being injured," Niebuhr said.

But Niebuhr captialized and got the job done with a goal in the 49th minute.

The goal came off of a corner from junior Carly Manso as the ball bounced around in the penalty box before Niebuhr netted it on the left side of the goalie. 

"I was definitely not expecting it," Niebuhr said. 

Although she didn't expect to score, Ohio was bound to put one of their 22 shots (11 on goal) in the back of the net as they dominated the whole match.

"That was probably the most complete 90-minutes we've played since I have been here," coach Aaron Rodgers said. 

Ball State had a few chances to score late in the match with 13 total shots and seven on goal.

The best chance The Cardinals had was in the 60th-minute after an offside was called with the shot slamming off of the cross bar. 

Ohio looks to keep the positive streak going as they will face conference rival Miami on Sunday afternoon.

The Bobcats improve to 6-7 overall and 3-2 in the conference and Ball State falls to 6-4-2 overall and 2-3 in the conference.